Wednesday 7 August 2013

I am India!

As I lay on the to bunk of the night train on the 3rd night, I reflected on why I do this type (budget/no itinerary/backpacking) of travelling year in, year out. There are times I wonder if I'm enjoying it and for the last 3 years, anyway, I've said (although unconvinced) 'this is the last time i'll do a trip like this'...and then do it again often less than 6 months later, sometimes twice a year! Why don't I just have a nice, easy, mid range international package holiday for 2 weeks instead?

Dunno. But i've concluded, if I was to categorise myself into a generalised stereotype of a country, I'd be India. Whether I liked it or not. 

I love all the usual trappings of a 20 something girl, comfort (The White Company linen), elaborate cocktails (Lychee Martinis), fashion, spas, Jo Malone perfume, amazing food, expensive handbags...bla bla, and love nothing more than the idea of a long white beach, a hammock and a coconut. But, I feel at ease amongst chaos, am relatively unphased by smells/dirt and intimidated by very little (maybe not a good thing, ok). I don't waste time, like a fast pace and LOVE a bargain! 

That's pretty much India to me. It has everything, many sides and idiosyncrasies. None of which will ever exist without the other.





No comments:

Post a Comment